Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gettin' That Giddy Feeling

I'm getting that giddy feeling I usually get just before going to what I hope to be a great sale or the Sacramento Antique Faire that's held the second Sunday of every month.
I've finally decided that I'm going to pull my sorry a** out of bed tomorrow at the butt-crack of dawn (as my friend, Tina, would say), pack up the car with my cute cart, boxes for holding small things, bubble wrap for hopefully good vintage glass finds, and get to the Antique Faire before all the other vintage-horders get their grubby hands on my vintage finds! I kid...kind of...I've never been the type to wait until the end of the faire for the supposedly good bargains because all I can think about is, 'What did I miss earlier that day?' Plus, I'm usually lucky enough, at least at this particular faire, to find items at pretty fair prices.

I thought I'd share with you some of the items I've found at this particular faire and sold online or will sell online:

Some great Pyrex

I just love this rainbow design on this mixing bowl. I kinda wish I didn't sell this one.


I just love the blue delphite Pyrex bowl. I had a complete set of three!


Pyrex's Friendship pattern.

Such a cute vintage baby's divided dish. This was one of my most fun Pyrex finds!


Below is an adorable (and so soft!) vintage chenille baby blanket. I've not yet put this up to sell, but I will soon! However, feel free to contact me if you are interested or have any questions about this precious blanket!

Try to ignore all different formatting I have going on with these photos. I took and edited these at different times.

I also found the cake saver and Hawaiian straw bag that I featured on this blog at the faire. I will be updating an album soon that will contain more pics of my finds (besides Pyrex!) from this fair.

OK, I didn't find these McKee salt and pepper shakers at the faire, but I thought I'd share them in this post because they were one of my best single garage sale finds! I nearly threw my body across the table they were on to reach them before anyone else could snatch them up. I turned them over to find a sticker with $5.00 written on it! I could hardly contain myself. I've not managed to separate myself from this pair...I'm not sure if I'll ultimately keep them, but at this point, I can't part with them. These are the same McKee salt and pepper shakers that are featured in C. Dianne Zweig's new book, Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes, that I had the honor of contributing to with some pics of my vintage finds, including these shakers.

Take care and I'll let you all know what I found tomorrow at the faire!

~Jeannie

No comments: