Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Note about My Other Passion

So, while this has nothing to do with vintage stuff or is even a family anecdote, I thought I'd just quickly share one thing with you because I was so excited about it I nearly peed my pants!

I do have another passion, aside from collecting old (or semi-old) stuff, and if any of you have ever read my profile or my 'About Us' page on my store website, you may know that I love the Southwest and dream of someday living in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Well, one morning a few months back, I got a burr in my saddle and decided to write a letter to the editor of New Mexico magazine...And they published it in the September issue! I was just tickled! I've never written a letter to a publication nor have I had my words published in print (be it a school paper or a widely distributed magazine)! To read more about it, see my other blog about my soul-searching adventures and ramblings.

Anyway, just wanted to share! Thanks for reading!

~Jeannie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was really impressed with your Vintage Inspiration blog. The material was very well presented and your comentary smooth all the way through - just like a conversation. It's nice that you included an old photo of your grandmother to help anchor things in the past. Things that were good and well made, in the USA for a change. Thanks for sharing this interest in antiques, collectables and Santa Fe. Michael